Kurt Schusterman is hands-on, change agent executive who builds world class teams through a focus on corporate purpose. Known for “Thinking Strategically. Acting Tactically.”
He brings a unique framework called The Purposeful Advantage that combines today’s insistence on transparency and social responsibility with the best practices from thought leaders including Verne Harnish (Mastering the Rockefeller Habits), Steven M.R. Covey (The Speed of Trust), Patrick Lencioni (The Five Dysfunctions of a Team, The Advantage), and Daniel Goleman (Emotional Intelligence).
Schusterman has leveraged these transferable skills to transform brands, business units, and companies in both Fortune 500 corporations and emerging entrepreneurial ventures in five different industries including wines / spirits, payment processing, consumer services, health and wellness, and retail.
- CMO at 4,000 franchised unit Mail Boxes Etc. who led the re-positioning and CRM effort that reversed declining sales trends;
- CMO who led rebranding Mail Boxes Etc. to The UPS Store – considered the largest rebranding in retail history;
- Acclaimed by franchising icon and IFA Hall of Famer, Jim Amos as a “branding genius;”
- Led sales team that grew new payment processing venture from zero – $60M;
- Led sales and marketing efforts that grew new ATM processing business from zero – $11M;
- Reversed declining sales trend for $35M business unit for Comdata payment processor;
- Reversed declining sales trend for Verlo Mattress Factory Stores that enabled owner to sell the business;
- VP/GM and brand architect for the Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index. Served as national spokesperson to thought leaders and think tanks including Newt Gingrich’s Center for Healthcare Transformation;
- Developed national publicity effort for Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index that garnered 4 consecutive days of cover-story coverage in USA Today. Generated 50M TV and print impressions;
- CMO at Sona MedSpa who developed strategic positioning, branding and direct response marketing model that grew first national medical spa concept into a $72 million business;
- Brand Manager who grew Brown-Forman’s first entry the California wine business by doubling sales in 12 months;.
Most recently, Schusterman has served as Board Member and Advisor for a start-up social enterprise called Spring Back Recycling. This was the showcase project by the Belmont University Enactus team (formerly SIFE or Students in Free Enterprise) that won the International World Cup competition beating out over 3,000 university teams from 38 countries as voted on by CEOs of the world’s largest corporations.
Schusterman is a servant leader who brings passion, a strong work ethic, and a sense of humor, along with an emphasis on higher corporate purpose, a consistent customer focus, and a data-driven, technically-savvy belief that “what gets measured gets done.”
Schusterman holds a Master’s degree from Northwestern in Integrated Marketing Communications, and a Bachelors’s degree in marketing from Miami University (Ohio),
To learn more about how Kurt Schusterman can help organizations at an inflection point grow to the next level, feel free to email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.